We will be following state guidelines that are in place at the time. We’re hoping by the time we get to August for the restrictions to be minimal, with more flexibility than we had last year, but we will provide updates based on conditions when the camp arrives
Where is the camp being held?
Camp will be held at American Fork Jr. High, 20 W 1120 N, American Fork, UT
All personal items should be labeled, it’s easy to mix up a square black violin case or music stand.
- Your instrument
- Printed music (we suggest taped for easy page turning, and some use of cardstock for stability)
- Signed waiver (you will need to have the signed waiver to sign-in to the camp on Monday morning)
- A pencil for marking music
- A sack lunch (Orch. A or B)
- All basses and cellos must have a rock stop, or rubber endpin tip. Basses especially, as you will be in the gym with the newly refinished floor for sectionals and bass ensemble. If you want to participate in those you must have something to protect the floor.
- A respectful attitude, and ready to learn (of course)
Which Orchestra is right for my child?
You can see details about the difficulty level of each orchestra on the Orchestra Requirements page. Also, under the Audition Information you can see the different excerpts for each instrument which can give you an idea of the difficulty of the music that you can expect from each orchestra. If your child hasn’t played in any of the orchestras listed on the requirements page we ask that you submit an audition so we can help determine which orchestra would be best for them.
I’ve registered, now what?
If you know which orchestra you will be in (based on previous years, or our Orchestra Requirements page, or if you’ve received confirmation from us) then you can submit payment to secure your spot in the camp. Once you’ve paid, you should receive an email from us within a week confirming your registration and a link to download the music so your students can start practicing. All payments are due by July 1st. After July 1st there will be a late fee.
If you submitted an audition, please give us a week to review it and get back to you about orchestra placement.
If you don’t hear from us after a week, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What will the daily schedule be like?
You can view our 2020 camp schedule as a sample of what to expect generally. We’ll post the 2021 schedule as soon as it’s available, as well as updates as plans are finalized updates page, and probably email you as well.
Is lunch provided?
Lunch is not included. Students should bring their own lunch.