How is COVID-19 going to affect the camp?
In every way possible, or at least that’s how it feels. We will be following the Utah state guidelines (based on the color phase at the time the camp starts), as well as Alpine School District guidelines and requirements. What that means as of June may be different by the end of July.
- We will maintain social distancing as much as space permits. For most of our rehearsals and enrichment classes this should be possible. Most of the rooms will be large enough that we can have one person to a stand, and we can maintain distance between students.
- Students should plan on bringing their own masks. There may be some cases where they will not be needed, but we will encourage them to be used in most cases, and require them in the instances where we can’t maintain sufficient social distances.
- Orchestra sizes will be limited to 45 students so when you add a conductor and some coaches we will not exceed 50 people in a single room.
- We’re not sure what the final concert will look like. We hope to be able to do it in person. We’re investigating outdoor options to give us more flexibility, but that introduces other challenges.
- We want as many students to participate as possible. These camps are such memorable and positive experiences for the kids. But we will ask that if any of your children are experiencing any symptoms that you not attend, for the wellbeing of all involved.
Where is the camp being held?
This year we will be at American Fork Jr. High, 20 W 1120 N, American Fork, UT
Which Orchestra is right for my child?
You can see details about the difficulty level of each orchestra on the Orchestra Requirements page. Also, under the Audition Information you can see the different excerpts for each instrument which can give you an idea of the difficulty of the music that you can expect from each orchestra. If your child hasn’t played in any of the orchestras listed on the requirements page we ask that you submit an audition so we can help determine which orchestra would be best for them.
I’ve registered, now what?
If you know which orchestra you will be in (based on previous years, or our Orchestra Requirements page, or if you’ve received confirmation from us) then you can submit payment to secure your spot in the camp. Once you’ve paid, you should receive an email from us within a week confirming your registration and a link to download the music so your students can start practicing. All payments are due by July 1st. After July 1st there will be a late fee.
If you submitted an audition, please give us a week to review it and get back to you about orchestra placement.
If you don’t hear from us after a week, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What will the daily schedule be like?
We are working hard to get that finalized. In the meantime you can review last year’s schedule to get an idea of what to expect. Please remember that this is NOT the finalized schedule for this year. But it can give you a pretty good idea of what to expect.
Is lunch provided?
Lunch is not included. Students should bring their own lunch.