Where is the camp being held?
Camp will be held at American Fork Jr. High, 20 W 1120 N, American Fork, UT
All personal items should be labeled, it’s easy to mix up a square black violin case or music stand.
- Your instrument
- Printed music (we suggest taped for easy page turning, and some use of cardstock for stability)
- Signed waiver (you will need to have the signed waiver to sign-in to the camp on Monday morning)
- A pencil for marking music
- A sack lunch (Orchestra A, Orchestra B and Choral Workshop)
- All basses and cellos must have a rock stop, or rubber endpin tip. Basses especially, as you will be in the gym with the newly refinished floor for sectionals and bass ensemble. If you want to participate in those you must have something to protect the floor.
- A respectful attitude, and ready to learn (of course)
Which Orchestra is right for my child?
You can see details about the difficulty level of each orchestra on the Orchestra Requirements page. Also, under the Audition Information you can see the different excerpts for each instrument which can give you an idea of the difficulty of the music that you can expect from each orchestra. If your child hasn’t played in any of the orchestras listed on the requirements page we ask that you submit an audition so we can help determine which orchestra would be best for them.
I’ve registered, now what?
If you know which orchestra you will be in (based on previous years, or our Orchestra Requirements page, or if you’ve received confirmation from us) then you can submit payment to secure your spot in the camp. All payments are due by June 30th. After June 30th there will be a late fee.
If you submitted an audition, please give us a week to review it and get back to you about orchestra placement.
If you don’t hear from us after a week, please reach out to us at email@example.com
Music will be posted by June 1. You will receive an email with a password to download your parts to start practicing. The excerpt list will also be posted for the seating auditions on Monday for Orchestras A and B.
What will the daily schedule be like?
When is the concert?
The concert will be held on Saturday, August 7 at 11:00 am. Orchestas A, B, C, D and both choir enrichment classes will be performing. Click HERE for Friday evening rehearsal schedules and Saturday morning call times for sound checks. Other enrichment classes (fiddling, cello choir, bass ensemble) and Orchestra E (Adult Orchestra) will be performing at the Enrichment Recital on Friday at 3:30 pm.
Is lunch provided?
Lunch is not included. Students in Orchestras A and B, as well as Choral Workshop participants, should bring their own lunch.